Life Style Journey

Monday, May 16, 2011

Same Old Same Old

I feel like I'm in a rut. Every week is like the one before. Money's still tight. The kids still fight with me and each other. I still spend every day picking up after everyone else, feeling like I never have the time to pursue other activities - like freelance work, finalizing school applications, or just some "me" time.
The same old issues between my husband and I are still there. Maybe they'll never go away; maybe they won't be resolved until I'm able to contribute financially again; maybe they won't be resolved until the kids are grown and have left the nest. The same weight that I lost last year is half way back. There are still unresolved issues with our housing situation. Another year - same old issues.
Only now I have the added worry of my son's weight / health struggles. He's 9 years old, 53" tall and weighs 103 pounds. We already know that he has borderline high cholesterol. We've spoken with a nutrionist already who's basically told me I'm doing everything right. The only 2 suggestions/recommendations she had was increase water intake and don't let him snack after school in front of the tv. How can I help him with his weight issues when I can't resolve my own?
I don't know what to do any more about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment